Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: ~~**HOSTBOARD COOKBOOK PROJECT!!**~~

  1. #1
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Exclamation

    I have thought about this for half a year now and I'm ready to jump in completely. I would like to put together a HostBoard cookbook. This will be a collaborative effort on everyone's part. I need to start this now so I give myself plenty of time to do it properly. My goal is to have the cookbook completed by November (or earlier) so that all interested parties receive their cookbook(s) in hand by around Thanksgiving (or earlier).

    Most likely it will be a smaller cookbook (think 8-1/2 x 11 paper folded in half), laminated, and spiral bound.

    I would like to have fairly easy, folksy, down-home, tried-and-true, tasty recipes that are blue-ribbon winners with you, your family and friends.

    Please PM me recipes in these categories:

    Appetizers
    Soups and Salads
    Main Dishes
    Side Dishes
    Desserts (including cakes and cookies)
    Miscellaneous

    If you would like to get a little creative with the name of your recipe (e.g., "Bossie Amanda's Chocolate Brownies,"), I encourage you to do so. If you want your recipe to maintain its original name, that's perfectly fine, too.

    I'm awaiting information right now from the Morris Press which is a long-time company that does cookbooks up for organizations, families, etc. I'm awaiting their free kit. If I choose to use the Morris Press, I intend to do as much of the work myself as possible (which also helps to keep down the cost of printing the final product). I am also impressed because they send an actual proof before going ahead with a final printing.

    Please feel free to be a recipe hog and send lots, so if you would prefer to send via email, let me know. But please keep your recipes within the folksy, down-home category - nothing difficult or requiring umpteem steps to complete.

    I hope to get great effort from everyone on this!!

    Please send recipes from all categories at this time!!

    <font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ May 08, 2006 02:49 PM: Message edited by: SugarMagnolia ]</font></font>

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 08, 2006 02:59 PM: Message edited by: SugarMagnolia ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MOM to JILLIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That sounds like a WONDERFUL idea! I love cookbooks from churches, schools, etc. I'm so glad that you thought of it! Count me in!!!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Melissa*Olivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    515
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great idea!!!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great idea! WooHOO!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    One question-- Do these have to "original" family recipes, or can they be recipes one has used (and loved)for years, but out of some other cookbook? [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    By all means, add favorite "book/magazine" recipes. Those are the only kind of recipes I know myself. And I know that the recipes handed down to me from family originated from the same kind of sources at some point.

  6. #6
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    Ooh that does sound fun! A local Junior GS troop made a cookbook when they were Brownies. I'll try to think of some easy things that could possibly be made on a college campus where there isn't a place to bake things.

    I sent something

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 02, 2006 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Felicity_Fan85 ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Are you interested in adding photos? It would be fun to have photos of various board member's dolls standing next to the food. I don't know anything about producing cookbooks though so that might be too expensive. But it would be SO fun to see board members dolls along with the recipes.

    Thank you super much for coordinating this,Nancy. I've always wanted a cookbook from our board. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Many thanks to you for putting it together because I'm sure it will be heaps of work. But very rewarding no doubt. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    Julia

  8. #8
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    Yes, I definitely plan to add photos to the book. I want to start out slowly at this point so that's why I'm only asking for dessert recipes. With the recipes I've received so far, I will add them all to a file. One recipe has been labeled as being "Kaya's", so eventually I will contact that particular member and ask if she has a Kaya picture. If so, I'll add it to a picture bank so that when I actually put it together I can match up recipe/picture, etc.

    I'm going to stay away from adding any catalog scanned pictures or pictures from AG books just so there are no problems with photo rights, etc.

    This book will be done in B&W. Depending on the size and price options, a color cover is a possibility.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 02, 2006 02:49 PM: Message edited by: SugarMagnolia ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hmm could be a cool idea. The Cairn Terrier rescue group I volunteer for put together a cookbook. We used a company called Morris Press and they have many different types of cookbooks available. It came out really great. I have a few recipes I might be able to send.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have an excellent dessert recipes-actually 2 or 3, but I can't send outgoing PM's...I can reply though-so can you send me a PM that I can reply too?

    Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]

    -Jordyn

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •